minute run can help prevent heart disease The Chart

minute run can help prevent heart disease The Chart

cigssmoke
Good news for runners: A new study published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology suggests running, even for a few minutes a day, can reduce your risk of dying from heart disease - whether you plod along or go at race speed.

Researchers studied more than 55,000 adults between the ages of 18 and 100 over a 15-year period Cheap Cigarettes For Sale Online, looking at their overall health, whether they ran and how long they lived.

Compared to nonrunners, those who ran had a 30% lower risk of death from all causes and a 45% lower risk of death from cardiovascular disease, investigators found. In fact, runners on average lived three years longer than those who did not hit the pavement. When data was broken down by age, sex, body mass index, and smoking and alcohol use, the benefits were still the same Best Selling Cigarettes.

"That's important to note," said Dr. Warren Levy, a cardiologist and chief medical officer of Virginia Heart in northern Virginia. "Even with all the negative factors, such as obesity, smoking and diabetes, those who were, let's say, obese and ran had a less likely chance of dying from heart problems than those obese people who didn't run Cheapest Cigarettes In Usa. Same with smokers, diabetics, etc. "

The speed and frequency of a person running routine did not make a huge difference either. "We aren't quite sure why."

However, researchers did discover that consistency was key. They found participants who ran consistently over a period of six years or more gained the most benefits, with a 29% lower risk of death for any reason and 50% lower risk of death from heart disease or stroke.

There have been many studies that have shown the benefits of exercise on the heart. But this study is one of the largest to pinpoint the positive effects of running, especially for nonmarathoners or nontriathletes.

time is one of the strongest barriers to participate in physical activity, the study may motivate more people to start running and continue to run as an attainable health goal for mortality benefits, Lee said.

Activities like running can lower your blood pressure and decrease the production of glucose, which cuts your risk of developing diabetes, according to the American Heart Association Cheap Cigarettes Near Me. Running also seems to protect the innermost lining of the arteries, keeping the walls and cells intact, which cuts the risk of blockages or clots that can cause strokes or heart attacks.

Levy, a runner himself, said people considering taking up running programs should talk to their doctors first, especially if they have chronic conditions.

"A lot of weekend warriors just go out without preparing for their run. It's the runner who takes it gradually and trains correctly, even for a run around the block, who the one who avoids injuries and other complications. I study something tougher on completely different blogs everyday. I'd want to use some with the content material on my weblog whether you don't mind. Natually I'll offer you a hyperlink on your internet blog. Thanks for sharing Order Cigarettes Online.<br/>related article :<br/> Newport Golds